Need to Know: Curly Hair!Tuesday, November 15 2016
Curly hair has a reputation for being one of the trickiest hair types to manage and style. Let our expert tips help you achieve the perfect frizz-free curls.
Make friends with moisture: Curly hair is less hydrated than straight hair and it’s the lack of hydration that causes the hair to frizz and can make it look dull. Lack of hydration can lead to split ends as the hair becomes weaker and more brittle. But don’t panic, by applying a moisturising oil, you are strengthening your hair, decreasing frizz and adding shine.
Try: Original Mineral *Frizzy Logic* – Davines *Oi Oil*
Learn to lower the heat: Heat should be avoided as much as possible, this can cause the proteins that give curls their spiral shape to change, but when needed make sure to use sulfate-free heat protecting product.
To blow-dry or not to blow-dry?
Try to leave your hair in a towel for as long as possible, then apply products and gently blow-dry evenly into the roots. We love soft defuser mitts (we stock these), as they can be pressed right into the root area. Never directly dry the ends, as these will dry naturally when you’re drying your roots.
How to evenly dry curly hair!
- Section your hair by scrunching and clipping the top of your hair. Then do the same to the sides of your hair.
Start drying from the bottom of your head to the roots, and then around the hair line dropping sections as you need. Ask your stylist to show you how this is done.
Curly hair must haves:
Original Mineral *Style Guru*: Designed to give both straight and curly hair body and hold. Style Guru has been formulated with native Australian ingredient Banksia Flower, rich in amino acids, and antioxidants A, C and E to smooth and soften the hair texture.
Original Mineral *Frizzy Logic*: Combat humidity. Fight the frizz. Tame out of control curls. Frizzy Logic’s unique blend of native Australian ingredients including cold-pressed certified organic Argan Oil and Macadamia Oil calms and smoothes your hair, protects it from humidity, and adds shine to give a silky, lustrous texture.
Original Mineral *The Power Base*: Rebuild and strengthen damaged hair. The power base’s two-in-one treatment will add strength to hair but also leave it looking glossy and healthy.
Styling curly hair:
1. In freshly washed wet hair, apply O&M *Style Guru*.
2. Dry with diffuser flipping hair from side to side.
3. Once dry add some random curl with a wand, pull down on curl while hot to soften.
4. Shake curls out and Apply O&M *Frizzy Logic*.
5. To Finish rub some O&M *Power Base* to lock in and protect the curls.
Our five top curly hair tips!
- Use a defuser, they are very affordable and make a world of difference.
- Always choose non-toxic and sulphate free, we have a great range of products in store to suite all curls.
- Pick up and take home our ‘How to: Curly Hair’ card. We keep ours in the bathroom to refresh on our favourite hair tips and tricks.
- Curly hair loves moisture and lots of product but once you’ve washed and dried your hair you shouldn’t have to wash your it again for 3 to 4 days.
- Embrace your curls and try not to straighten or blowdry everyday!
Kundalini Hair is located within the Hotel Realm precinct, Barton Canberra. For appointments call us on (02) 6237 7766 or email us at Reception@kundalinihair.com.au or visit us in salon.
Opening Hours: monday 9am-4pm, tuesday 9am-6pm, wednesday: 9am-8pm, thursday 9am-8pm, friday 9am-6pm, saturday 8:30am-4pm