Need to know: Clean colourSunday, July 16 2017
Reduce the chemical overload.
At kundalini we have always sought to provide the best service possible using the highest quality of products and colour which are also naturally derived and plant based. We believe that no client should be exposed to unnecessary chemicals and no stylist should have to work with them, this is why we have made it a priority to find the best possible products for our clients and our staff.
Our team is passionate about creating the best possible colour for you with the most naturally derived, low chemical products as possible this is why we chose Original & Mineral.
Why do we love Original & Mineral?
Original & Mineral’s philosophy is Healthy hair begins when it’s free from stress. Their Clean Colour Technology (CCT) is a revolutionary hair system that helps dispel the myths surrounding ammonia free hair color. CCT™ delivers clean, lustrous blondes, bright fashion shades and lasting, vibrant colors while also offering a complete coverage without all the nasties company found in hair colour.
Original & Mineral is one of the first hair brands to produce professional grade ammonia, resorcinol and PPD free permanent hair color making it gentle on hair, scalp and hands. But what are these chemicals and how can they be harmful?
- Paraphenylenediamine is a chemical substance that is widely and traditionally used as a permanent hair dye.
- People who are highly allergic to PPD have not been able to dye their hair with traditional hair color.
- Known as a possible carcinogen.
- Allergies to PPD are common and reactions include dermatitis, reddening and swelling of the scalp and face.
- In some severe allergy cases the eyelids may completely close and can result in contact urticaria and anaphylaxis.
- Used as a coloring agent and is also commonly found in topical acne treatments.
- Suspected to be an endocrine toxicity hazard
- Suspected to be a human immune system toxicant
- Suspected to be toxic to wildlife and the environment
- A chemical that swells the hair cuticle so that colour can be absorbed all the way through the hair.
- Unpleasant odour
- Many people become allergic due to exposure and suffer from itchy scalps and watery/red eyes while getting their hair coloured.
Does natural hair colour last as long as the mainstream products on the market?
Most people assume that a natural-based dye would only be semi-permanent. This, in the case of Original & Mineral colour, is false, their mineral colour pigments penetrate the hair shaft as deeply as mainstream ammonia and dyes.
Long term benefits of natural colour:
Mainstream colour and the processes involved take a toll on your hair and at a certain point, it is no longer able to hold more colour, leaving you with few options. Naturally derived colour such as Original & Mineral is gentle on the hair and have added ingredients to protect the integrity of the hair. This means you are able to achieve the desired results with less damage to the hair.
We would love to make your hair dreams come true. For appointments call us on (02) 6237 7766 or email us at Reception@kundalinihair.com.au or visit us in salon. Kundalini Hair is located within the Hotel Realm precinct, Barton Canberra.
Follow us on Instagram @Kundalinihair and like us on Facebook for more info, tips and tricks of the trade.
Words: Ruby Noble (Just Like Us) and Original & Mineral – Images: Original & Mineral