Need to know: Blonde Babes!Wednesday, April 11 2018
The only thing we love more than beautiful bright #blondes is healthy happy blondes. Whether you’re a natural, platinum, balayage or just a have few highlights here and there caring for your hair is a little bit more tricky than your brunette sisters. Here are a few easy steps you should take to ensure your hair stays healthy and vibrant between salon visits.
What to do:
1. Shampoo and condition your hair every 2–3 days using blonde specific products to avoid unwanted hues. We recommend Original Mineral’s *Conquer Blonde* or *Alchemic Silver* from Davines. These products are designed to conserve the colour while also helping to avoid any unwanted golden tones.
2. If you love that clean creamy blonde visiting the salon as often as 3-4 weeks to get a salon toning service and blowdry to ensure your overall colour lasts beautifully. This service should only take 45–60 minutes so its easy to fit into a lunch break or a ‘treat myself day’.
3. Avoid using harsh products containing sulphates, as they will strip hair leaving it dry and damaged. Kundalini Hair offers two beautiful low chemical product ranges designed to support coloured hair.
4. Lightening the hair weakens its bonds. We recommend you use the take-home PCC treatment on a weekly basis. It helps strengthen and avoid dryness and breakage.
5. Alway, always, always use a heat protector when styling with hot tools.
Blonde Hair Doesn’t Like:
Sun: Hats and scarves are the best immediate defense, but if you’re hair is going to be in direct sunlight it’s important
you prep the hair using a heat protection product.
Water: As all blondes know dipping into the pool can cause stress, we don’t want our l
ight locks turning into an unsavory shade of
green. Although there is a risk there are many things you can do to ensure you don’t leave the pool looking like Shrek. Create a barrier between your hair and the salt water or chlorine by applying conditioner or Original Mineral *Know Knott* before entering the pool or ocean, for a little extra protection you can always use a swimming cap in conjunction to your product.
Knots: To avoid nots, breakage or stuck strands we use Invisibobbles as aloe to drugstore hair ties.
Blonde Hair Loves:
Moisture and Hydration: If you’re not a natural blonde it generally means your hair is damaged and dehydrated, or in other words, thirsty. Using a weekly moisturising hair treatment will give your blonde locks that little bit of extra TLC they crave. Ask your stylist to prescribe the perfect products or treatments for your hair to use between visits.
A cheat day: When it comes to blonde we recommend you don’t wash everyday. Rinsing with warm water and lightly conditioning is enough to get out sweat, as daily shampoo can pull out too much of your natural oil
Kundalini Hair is located within the Hotel Realm precinct, Barton Canberra. For appointments call us on (02) 6237 7766 or email us at Reception@kundalinihair.com.au or visit us in salon.
Follow us on Instagram @Kundalinihair and like us on Facebook for more info, tips and tricks of the trade.
Words: Ruby Noble (Just Like Us) – Images: Pinterest and Just Like Us