Need to know: Blonde Babes!Wednesday, April 11 2018
The only thing we love more than beautiful bright #blondes is healthy happy blondes. Whether you’re a natural, platinum, balayage or just a have few highlights here and there caring for your hair is a little bit more tricky than your brunette sisters. Here are a few easy steps you should take to ensure your hair stays healthy and vibrant between salon visits.
The need to know:
1. Shampoo and condition your hair every 2–3 days using blonde specific products.We recommend Original Mineral’s *Conquer Blonde* or *Alchemic Silver* from Davines. Both these products are designed to conserve colour while also banishing any brassy or golden hues.
2. If you love that clean creamy blonde visiting the salon as often as 3-4 weeks to get a salon toning service and blowdry to ensure your overall colour lasts beautifully. This service should only take 45–60 minutes so its easy to fit into a lunch break or a treat yourself day.
3. Avoid using products containing harsh chemicals or sulphates – not only do these strip the hair leaving it dry and damaged they also strip out your toner.
4. Lightening your hair weakens its bonds. We encourage all our blondies to visit your salon regularly for restorative treatments.
5. Alway, always, always use a heat protectant when styling with hot tools.
Blonde Hair Doesn’t Like:
Water: As all blondes know dipping into the pool can cause stress, we don’t want our l
ight locks turning into an unsavory shade of green. Although there is a risk there are many things you can do to ensure you don’t leave the pool looking like Shrek. Create a barrier between your hair and the salt water or chlorine by applying conditioner or Original Mineral’s *Know Knott* before entering the pool or ocean, for a little extra protection you can always use a swimming cap in conjunction to your product.
Heat: It’s no secret that heat styling is bad for your hair and excessive heat can do serious DAMAGE to your locks. We recommend you pick your battles, if you’re spending the weekend at home why not towel or air dry? If you have to use your curling iron or straightener everyday lower the heat and use products that protect against the heat.
Breakage: Avoid unwanted stress on your hair by using silk scarves, invisibobbles or scrunchies to tie your hair up over the drug store little black bands.
Blonde Hair Loves:
Moisture and Hydration: If you’re not a natural blonde it generally means your hair is damaged and dehydrated, or in other words, thirsty. Using a weekly moisturising hair treatment will give your blonde locks that little bit of extra TLC they crave. Ask your stylist to prescribe the perfect products or treatments for your hair to use between visits.
A cheat day: If it’s your first time as a blonde, you’ll notice that your hair is already drier in texture than you’re accustomed to, so you should easily be able to add an extra day into your wash schedule without much thought.
Kundalini Hair is located within the Hotel Realm precinct, Barton Canberra. For appointments call us on (02) 6237 7766 or email us at Reception@kundalinihair.com.au or visit us in salon.
Words: Ruby Noble – Images: Pintrest